Our small, but perfectly formed development team is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The ideal candidate will take responsibility for driving and improving engineering practices especially related to testing within the team.
We are looking for someone who is more than an awesome tester – we are looking for someone who understands that building quality into the entire development process is more effective than verifying quality after a feature is built.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the complete software life-cycle process from requirements design to post release issue resolution.
- Take responsibility for the provision of comprehensive test strategies for each release.
- Responsible for translating business/functional requirements into test requirements/cases and will carry out functional and regression testing using the in-house defect tracking tools.
- Become familiar with the full product range in Aurion including online learning programmes and online learning management tools.
- Translate business/functional requirements into test requirements/plans and cases.
- QA online learning programmes and online learning tools.
- Record QA activities using Jira.
- Ensure our ISO QA policy and testing coverage is applied.
- Complete manual regression tests based on software requirements.
- Perform testing activities (functional, integration, end-to-end, infrastructure) to support the continued development, enhancement, and deployment of products.
- Provide customer support, resolving queries where possible and referring to other team members when necessary for resolution.
- Apply “Lessons Learned Management” to all projects, ensuring application of lessons from other projects and capturing lessons learned on specific projects under your control.
- Minimum 2 Years QA/Testing experience in an online software environment with experience in:
- black box, white box and software automation testing
- collaborating with a team of developers to meet deadlines
- conducting automated testing and using automated test tools
- conducting different types of testing (functional, integration, end to end, acceptance, etc.)
- creating and executing test cases, and test data to ensure testing validity.
- Using a QA issue tracking tool such as Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and creativity skills related to software Quality Assurance.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Customer Helpdesk experience
- Experience in the educational software industry.
Salary: Negotiable, depending upon experience.
We offer continuous professional development opportunities and a range of other benefits including a contributory pension scheme and health plan.
To apply for this role, please send a detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com.